Sunday, July 23, 2006

Chocolate Flavored Sunscreen

With spaghetti and chocolate being my favorite foods, when I hear that one is actually good for me it makes by day a whole lot brighter.

I read in USA Weekend that dark chocolate acts as a sunscreen. While the thought of lathering chocolate all over my body sounded messy I was intrigued. As I continued to read I learned that scientific studies have shown that foods high in antioxidents such as dark chocolate, tomatoes, pomegranates, salmon and green tea bolsters our resistance to ultraviolet light helping to prevent sunburn, wrinkles and even skin cancer.

Not only can dark chocolate help in our quest for healthy skin it can also aid in lowering our risk for cardiovascular disease according to The American Dietetic Association. For centuries women far and wide have praised chocolate for its soothing effects, but as scientists begin to explore the possible health benefits of this tantalizing treat they are discovering that it does indeed have "healing powers" for the liver, digestion, skin and a healthy, happy heart.

Add that to your list of things found in the book of women's intuition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home